According to a Harvard Business Review article, what senior leaders expect from their middle managers is to:
- Get involved
- Generate ideas
- Be willing to collaborate
- Be willing to lead initiatives
- Stay current
In this webcast we will explore how you can create high performing managers who are prepared for a senior role in the next 12 months. We look at how you can have managers you can rely on to take responsibility, show initiative and be confident they can step up when called upon.
In my work with leadership teams, when it comes to their managers, they tell me:
- I work really hard to get my managers buy-in with engagement strategies and even then I’m not convinced they’re really all-in.
- I just want my managers to take responsibility for what they’re suppose to do but struggle I to convince them it’s safe to take responsibility.
- I don’t often get the level of output, productivity and contribution I expect from my management team due to challenges in decision making, communication and timelines.
- The turnover of middle management in my organisation is too high, I can’t seem to attract and retain the right talent.
- I want my managers to be more skilled, confident and empowered to handle operational issues rather than turn to me to, what feels like, solving everything.
What keeps these leaders awake at night is the fear of being seen as ineffective and as such they are worried their reputation is at stake. They fear they might not be cut out for senior leadership, and risk losing their job because the cloud of responsibility – the buck stops here – hovers darkly overhead.
Helping middle managers step up, take responsibility and be more productive is about shifting the focus to self-leadership that builds insight, quality connections, decisions and strategies that ensure they – and their team – can soar. It’s about helping managers increase their self-awareness, develop their skills, so they have the confidence to be self-starters and lead their respective teams.
In this webcast,
- identify why middle managers are not stepping up and where you can play a role
- explore strategies you can use to shift your managers up the productivity ladder
- explain how awareness, regulation and motivation are key for developing middle managers, and
- how responsibility, choice and potential play an integral role in preparing middle managers for senior roles.
- brief overview of the Manager to Leader Program plus your special invitation to the Special Spring 2018 Evening Muster.
Register for the free Webcast to
In addition to the webinar you will also receive:
✓ Weekly Productivity Notes: every Tuesday receive an extra boost of productivity.
✓ A free Management Success Skills eBook: this is a self-paced self-coaching workbook designed to help you improve your people skills so you can be a more productive leader.
✓ Chapter one of my latest book The Productive Leader.
✓ The Productive Leader white paper.
Register for the Webcast:
Wednesday 19th September 12:30pm (Brisbane)